This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Win 8 Pro - Scan with camera

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
This project looks to be very promising for my needs but I am having a few issues getting things to work. I am trying to put together a small app for scanning barcodes, to be used on tablets running Windows 8 Pro.

I have played around with the WinForms example and it works just fine on my laptop however, the same exe will not function on a tablet?? The tablet is a HP EliteBook 900 which has two cameras, a 0V8830 and a 0V2720.

On the tablet, the app launches and runs just fine. I select the webcam tab and then click the decode button. The video source window opens and allows me to select one of the cameras. After making a selection and clicking ok, the picturebox flashes black for a second however, a link to the camera is not made and no video is displayed.

Using the VS remote debugger, the problem is occurring within the OpenConnection() method of WebCam.cs. A connection to the device cannot be established and DestroyWindow(hHwnd) is called.

This is my first attempt at working with a camera. How can I go about troubleshooting and finding the reason why this is not working. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Jul 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Just as a follow up, this appears to be an issue with the hardware on the HP ElitePad tablets as I have tried a couple of other tablets running Win 8 Pro and there doesn't seem to be any issues. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get things working please let me know!
Developer
Jul 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Could be because of the CaptureResolution. Could you paste the code your are using to initialize the CaptureDevice?
Sep 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
i have the same problem on my asus laptop. the selecting source window appears and then nothing.
did u manage to find a solution. ??
Feb 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM
HI everyone,
I also have the same problem. I am trying to implement the barcode scanning on ASUS VivoTab Smart which has two cameras one in front and one in the back. Type of cameras are IMX175 back, OV2720 front.

I share the same issues with @dementedgeek above.

I use the standard WinFormsClient sample for testing purposes.

Thanks for your help on this.
Vancho
Feb 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM
vanco2001 wrote:
HI everyone,
I also have the same problem. I am trying to implement the barcode scanning on ASUS VivoTab Smart which has two cameras one in front and one in the back. Type of cameras are IMX175 back, OV2720 front.

I share the same issues with @dementedgeek above.

I use the standard WinFormsClient sample for testing purposes.

Thanks for your help on this.
Vancho
ok. Everyone the aForge demo should work just perfect.