This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it possible to use it in the ASP.NET 1.1 environment

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM
We have a legacy website under ASP.NET 1.1. Now we have the requirement to enable the QRCode after people do a reservation of one of our events.
We have already surfed the internet and the ZXing.Net becames our first choise at this point.
Any advice to rewite it into ASP.NET 1.1? Or any previous version supporting the ASP.NET 1.1.
Sorry for us being still in the 'Stone Age' developing using VS2003.^_^
At present, we only need the decoding and show it in the web page or within the email.
Jul 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM
You could use the commandline decoder
Jul 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I think an out-of-process solution is the only way.
Like notahack wrote you can use the command line tools.
Or you write a webservice which is hosted by a .Net 2.0 environment besides your ASP.Net 1.1 solution.

A real .Net 1.1 solution is hard to develop because ZXing.Net makes heavy use of .Net 2.0 features.
But I did something similar a year before as I converted ZXing.Net to the .Net Micro Framework.
It is limited like .Net 1.1 and could be a starting point. You can find it in the source code repository:
https://zxingnet.svn.codeplex.com/svn/branches/NETMF
But it doesn't contain the latest bug fixes.
Jul 23, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Hey notahack

Ooooops. I make a mistake here. In fact we need the encoding functionality to generate the QRCode image. Really appreciated for your quick response. Maybe I can try the encoder commandline if there is one.

Hey micjahn

Thanks so much. I think we will try both way. Webservice integeration seems more practical and easy to achieve. On the other hand our team will still give a chance to compile the old version project in VS2003 though the sln looks like that is for VS2010.

ZXing.NET, thumb up!