This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot recognize CODE39 barcode

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I'm doing evaluation of different software for bar code recognition. I'm using the WindowsFormDemo project as the starting point for ZXing.Net and it cannot figure out the CODE39 tiff image.

I don't want to draw the conclusion that ZXing.Net does not work because of my simple try. Could someone help to take a look at the image and see why the WindowsFormDemo cannot extract the barcode? Is that due to the image, or due to the some bug?

Many thanks!
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Thank you for trying out this project and for the feedback.
Before I can help you, I need the sample image which you have tried.
Mar 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM
There is a link on my previous post http://postimg.org/image/m9ylej71t/

I'm also attaching the file in this email. Thanks!

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:55:45 -0700
Subject: Re: Cannot recognize CODE39 barcode [ZXingNet:437580]

Thank you for trying out this project and for the feedback.
Before I can help you, I need the sample image which you have tried.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ZXingNet@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email ZXingNet@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Mar 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM
The barcode can be decoded successfully. But the current demo tries to decode an extended Code39, which fails.
I made some small changes with revision 85725.
With that changes the correct result is returned.
I will release version 0.11 soon which will include the changes.
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I verified and the latest revision and it can decode correctly. Thanks a lot!