This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows Phone 8, decoding a QR code in a BitmapImage...

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Hi all. I've been wracking my brain and poring over the docs for days and I haven't yet figured out how to decode a QR Code in a BitmapImage from the camera in Windows Phone 8. The WP8 demo project only demonstrates barcode decoding, not QR decoding, and it seems like the QRCodeReader takes different parameters than BarcodeReader.

Anyone have any good tutorials for this scenario?
Dec 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Hi UnnDunn,

the BarcodeReader class and its decode method does also decode QR Codes out of the box. Do you mean to encode a string into a qr code?

Happy Coding
fäb
Dec 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I must be doing something wrong then; I never get a result from BarcodeReader. It doesn't matter which combination of options I use, it never returns anything but "null". The same QR code is read almost instantly by Bing Vision.
Dec 9, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Hi,

I think it's because of the sample app and your windows phone won't work that good together. Did you try using a PhotoCamera instead of a PhotoCameraDevice?
I'll try to adapt the sample solution within the next days :) then all should be working fine...

In the mean time, take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/hh708750.aspx