ZXing not decoding Code39 barcode in Windows Server 2003

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:43 PM
I've a program that decodes Code39 bar codes in TIF files. When running the the program on in a development environment, my laptop for a given set of TIF files, the program detects and decodes the barcodes. However, when the code is deployed in an UAT environment and tested, it does not detect the bar codes for the same set of TIF files.

The development environment is a laptop running Windows 7 64-bit. The UAT environment is a server running Windows Server 2003 32-bit. The same version of .NET (2.0 is installed in both environments. .NET 2.0 is installed on both the laptop and the server. For the respective environments, the program was built using in Visual Studio 2008, for any CPU, for .NET 2.0, with a debug configuration. The program was written in C#.
  1. Should the CPU platform make any difference here?
  2. The program is using a decoding option of "UseCode39RelaxedExtendedMode".
I am at a loss as to how to proceed in determining the problem. I don't have direct access to the UAT server, can't attach to a remote debugger, and am having to work with UAT via 3rd parties, so suggestions and questions as to what to look at are welcome.

Thanks in advance...
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Please provide a sample image which works on Win7 but doesn't work on W2K3.
Mar 27, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Thanks, but never mind. The problem has been resolved. It was due to incorrect database credentials being used. I couldn't debug on the server itself but continued to lokk at what else that I could find. I happened to have a copy of the original UAT configuration file, checked that, checked the database credentials, had the UAT deployment person make the changes needed, and found that it worked after that.