Winforms Demo Update

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I've created a new sample application for inclusion in the Documentation levering ZXing.Net, DIrectShow.Net and a brilliant post on stackoverflow to create the overlay (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4503210/draw-semi-transparent-overlay-image-all-over-the-windows-form-having-some-contro)

I needed to create an application that would decode barcodes using the embedded camera in a Panasonic Toughbook. The current WinForms demo relies upon a library that works great with WebCams but not embedded cameras. DirectShow.Net allowed easy access to the embedded camera. Just don't use the still pin (the linked sample has a small change that uses the preview pin instead. Autofocus doesn't seem to work when using the still pin.

When launched the application finds the attached or embedded capture device and shows a preview. Barcode decoding is restricted to the middle portion of the window using an overlay. When a barcode is successfully decoded a label is updated with the value.

Download Sample Solution
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Thanks for your contribution. I will take a look at it within the next few days.